NORIEGA DEL VALLE
MA. INDUSTRIAL & ORGANISATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY (UJ)
HONS. INDUSTRIAL PSYCHOLOGY (Wits)
“ Life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I respond to it” – Charles Swindoll.
I believe we are all on a journey towards improved health and wholeness, but the road to healing can often be difficult to navigate. Life challenges can result in feelings of anger, depression, anxiety, and loss of control. But those same struggles can be opportunities for growth. I will walk with you on your journey of self-discovery, and together we will uncover your unique strengths, develop coping skills, increase self-confidence, and work toward restoring balance in your life.
I assess and treat individual adults experiencing a wide range of issues. I have particular expertise in working with attorneys as patients, and have a special understanding of their experiences. I help clients improve their mood; reduce anxiety; increase self-awareness; manage stress; ameliorate interpersonal dynamics and communication patterns; resolve relationship problems; process trauma; elevate self-esteem; cope with workplace struggles; and achieve professional and corporate wellness.
My approach is to work with you in partnership to build upon your strengths. I will help you to find effective ways to resolve your problems in an atmosphere of respect, support and collaboration. My aim is to help my patients live happier, healthier, and more fulfilling lives.
You have taken the first courageous step to seek help and you can be assured that I will treat you with warmth, sensitivity, respect and compassion as we work together towards meaningful change in your life.
UNDERSTANDING SERVICES THAT AN INDUSTRIAL PSYCHOLOGIST PROVIDES
• Performing supportive psychological interventions and short-term therapeutic counselling interventions for the purposes of diagnosing and ameliorating organisational and work-related adjustment challenges and problems including acute stress, anxiety and depressive symptoms.
• Counselling with regards to work related issues (stress management, burnout, work dissatisfaction, work-life balance, financial stress, work productivity and performance problems, relationship difficulties, assertiveness training, trauma debriefing, performance counselling, sexual harassment, workplace bullying, conflict management and resolution, building interpersonal and leadership competencies, increasing emotional intelligence, reframing mindsets for growth, work-readiness training, increasing resilience, enhancing individual or group wellbeing and optimal functioning, equipping individuals with skills that can add to their development, Employee Assistance Programme counselling, workplace violence and trauma counselling, retrenchment/retirement, reducing counterproductive behaviour, enhancing team effectiveness and boosting morale).
• Career counselling for clients who have uncertainty regarding their career and study choice. Addressing issues relating to job dissatisfaction and job-person fit.
• Enhancing the personal functioning of individuals and groups in organisational or work-related contexts.
• Coaching and facilitation.
• Individual and career development.
• Psychometric assessments.
• Medico-legal/Psycho-legal assessments, report writing and expert testimony with regards to medical negligence, personal injury, RAF, wrongful arrest and loss of support claims.
ADULT INDIVIDUAL THERAPY
MO - FR
07:00 - 20:00
SA - SU
08:00 - 16:00
AREAS OF INTEREST
ANXIETY & DEPRESSION
TRAUMA & BEREAVEMENT
WORK RELATED ISSUES
SELF ESTEEM & GROWTH